Warehouse & Logistics Manager Job Description
An exciting opportunity has emerged to join our team as a full time warehouse and logistics manager. This is due to our expansion and significant growth over the past 12 months.
We design, manufacture and distribute high end gym equipment around the world and are renowned for being specialists in this field of work, working with a number of well known and reputed brands and organisations.
Reporting into the General Manager & Managing Director , this role would suit a Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Shift Manager, Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Team Leader with experience of managing eCommerce or Multi-Channel operations.
This role will be working 730am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays.
This role is a permanent position.
- Management & Operating of all warehouse functions - including Pick/Pack, Despatch, Returns, Quality Control and Inventory.
- Lead from the front this is a hands on Position
- Management of eCommerce Shopify Platform Stock Levels
- SAP Business Warehouse Management System
- Arrange Pallet & Supervise Parcel deliveries
- Stock Control, Accuracy & Reporting.
- Use of Process Improvement techniques and bringing more 'rigour to process'.
- Use of data in order to make decisions.
- Direct Management responsibility of a supervisory team of 4-6 people.
- Management of a shipping and packaging budget of circa £250,000 PA.
- Engagement, Coaching and Mentoring of your team.
- Suggesting & Leading Commercial Improvements within your operation.
- Health & Safety for your site.
- Ensure the warehouse, yard, toilets and kitchen are kept clean & tidy
- This position will link in with the Sales, Manufacturing & Account teams on a regular basis.
- Arrange deliveries and collections from subcontractors
- Packing and assembly of powdercoated components and nut and bolts kits
- Hours of work will be 730am - 5pm Mondays to Fridays but there is an expectation that you may need to be flexible with these occasionally as per the needs of the business. For example Black Friday.
- A Team Player
- Able to talk and communicate with customers in a professional and coherent manner.
- Front-foot & hands-on leadership style.
- Keen to take on Responsibility.
- Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Team Leader with the desire to progress your career with a highly dynamic SME business where you can make a real difference.
- Overall management responsibility for at least 4-6 heads or more.
- Experience of eCommerce, Multi-Channel, Omni-Channel or Online warehouse operations - DESIRABLE
- 3PL experience - DESIRABLE
- Shared user experience - DESIRABLE.
- Able to implement process & use data in order to support management decision-making where needed.
- Able to liaise from shop-floor to Board level.
- Keen to leave a lasting impact and legacy on the wider business.
- Strives for operational excellence and sets your teams high standards.
- Engaging and coaching style.
- Able and willing to progress your career.
- Able to commute to & from Hixon (Staffordshire) on a daily basis.
- Forklift License (training provided if needed)
- Driving License Essential
- Sema Racking Safety Awareness Course (training provided if needed)
- First Aid Trained (training provided if needed)
- Must Be Physically Fit
£25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Social Distancing and Covid Procedures
Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
If you are interested in the position above please send us your CV and accompanying cover letter.